top of page

Insurance Requirements for Working with the Federal Government

All business concerns who apply to become SBA 8(a) Certified must have general liability insurance at a minimum. If the business concern is required by its State law to carry workers compensation insurance it must carry this on its policy too.

For general liability insurance, there is no set minimum or maximum amount or limit of insurance required by the SBA to become 8(a) certified. We suggest that you review the current guidelines established by the SBA for coverage in the regulations and also consult with your insurance agent for advice on the proper levels and amounts of insurance for your business concern. (Be aware your agent may not be up to speed on the current requirements for federal contracts so do some research yourself before you talk to him/her.)

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page